Become An RTO & software requiments
Looking to start your own RTO, well you have come to the right place. This guide is going to help you understand all the requirements for owning an RTO and what are the costs involved. I am sure you have read many guides on how to start a registration training organisation in the past but nothing compares with this guide. We are going to discuss the following topics.
- What are the steps required to start and RTO
- Who can start an RTO
- What does it cost to start an RTO
- Are RTO profitable
- DoI need special RTO software
Starting an RTO doesnt have to be confusing and complex, if you have the right information
What are the steps required to start an RTO.
- Ensure you have all the documentation in order prior to launching our RTO - RTO setup information available here ASQA can take anywhere from 2 - 12 months to get back to you.
- Login to ASQAnet and pay the initial lodgement fee of $500
- ASQA will then conduct and preliminary audit where they will ensure you have all the relevant information and that you have completed a financial viability risk assessment.
- You will then be required to pay an addition $8000 which will cover your first audit and should hopefully be the final charge assuming
- ASQA will then contact you to conduct an audit which consists of a Desktop-audit and then Validation of the information you have provided
- If you successfully pass the audit that is the final step. You now have a registered RTO and are ready to offer courses to students. The registration normally lasts for two years unless specified otherwise. RTO Information
How much does starting an RTO cost
|Policies & Procedures, forms and other documents and templates||$6000 to $20,000|
|Student Management System||$500 to $2500|
|Learning Management System||$2000 to $4000|
|Training and assessment materials||$11,000 to $16,000000 quals)|
|Training qualifications||$5,000 to $15,000|
|Accountant Fees||$1,500 to $6,000|
|ASQA application lodgement & Assessment fee||$8,500|
|Legislative and company costs||$6,500|
|Website and online persona||$2,000 to $11,000|
|Insurance||$3,000 to $5,000|
|Facilities||$5,000 to $40,000|
|Consultant fees||$3,000 to $25,000|
|TOTAL RTO Set-up COST||$45,000 to $105,000|
Student Management System
One of the requirements is that you have a student management system that is AVETMISS compliant software It is important to choose the best RTO software from the start because changing it at a latest stage becomes expensive and very troublesome. The estimated costs for software is between 150 and 500 depending if you include and Learning management system in the package and what other features you want the software to include.
Most software provider will have a tiered pricing package which will include a basic page and then increase the price as your business grows. For example, RTO advantage software has three tiers which lets you keep software low for you RTO but then increases and your reequipments change. It is also one of a few that offers a fully featured Learning management system at that price point.